Sunday, July 26, 2009

Black and White


The Penny Arcade guys said that the only remarkable thing about this game is the creatures, and they were right.

There's nothing quite as fun as having a 20-foot tall pet/minion who can pick up a whole cow (or human, for that matter) and just pop it into his mouth like a friggin' bonbon. Or a pet that can destroy a house just by pooing against it.

Now, here's the odd thing that always, ALWAYS happened when I played this game. I would end up with a creature who was aligned on the side of good, because I don't take any of that backtalk shit from a giant monkey. He acted bad, he got bitch slapped. But, if you as a deity don't always follow the strictest of moral rules, your hand icon gets veiny and sprouts claws. So I'd end up an evil deity with a very ethical minion.

Then again, I never had any trouble picking up people who were badmouthing me and just flinging them toward the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment